In this article, you will learn:
- Platforms to choose for.
- What To Study About A Platform.
- How to Launch A Website
- Components of A Website.
- Creating a Communication Funnel.
If you happen to be a business owner wishing to launch your official website and have little to no knowledge of building a website, then you might feel trapped because you know that there is a world out there of web developers who would charge hundreds of dollars for a website development.
But now is not the time to feel trapped! Because we are bringing you a step-by-step guide of how to launch your own official website within a day. However, note that you will be required to get a know-how of some basic things from the Internet but there’s no need of signing up for any courses or anything. 90% of the help will be provided by this article, 10% you have to get a know-how from the Internet.
This article will not only feature the present business owners, if you don’t have a business yet, think of an idea! There are 3 kinds of businesses that can be started online:
- Services Business
- Online Retail
- SAAS-based (SAAS = Software-as-a-service)
Give A Light To Your Small Company
Choose the Right Platform
First things first, the right platform is extremely important for you to start. Common platforms include WordPress, Medium and blogger. However, for a business website, it is strongly recommended to keep the customer engagement in mind; and with customer engagement comes things that attract the customer to the website and those include content marketing, online advertisement, funnel creation, email marketing, lead generation etc.
- Medium: It’s a good blogging platform offering a nice layouts styles followed by a post liking and following system.
- Blogger: This is a Google-owned service meant for bloggers. It allows you to link you domain with blogger.com. It is important to note that it is not a professional choice.
- WordPress.com: WordPress.com is a big competitor of Blogger and is a free service.
Any of these three can suit your needs, but if we talk about a perfect professional approach, WordPress takes the lead since it can embed plugins, themes, customization and functionalities which can turn your website into a perfect looking business website. It is important to note that Blogger and Medium do not facilitate such customization.
Don’t forget to find following top WordPress Blog Hosting.
Study What Your Platform Can Do
Studying the platform for a week or a few days won’t do the magic, it needs a lot more study, but what to study is what described below:
- Expansion Possibilities
WordPress is a big big world and its extensions countless. So study till what extent WordPress can help you with your website. You can use it to launch a website, blog, website, social media platform, online store, discussion forum, video sharing site etc.
- Average Use
Next what you need to do is to find out the average usage of your desired platform, which in this case is WordPress. It is used usually for launching blogs and websites; this can be done by downloading the source/theme and uploading it on the server to launch the site.
Launching Your Own Website
The important part comes here. Companies across the globe charge upto $5000( or charge as low as $50) for this task but if you put in a little extra effort here, you can make it stand on its feet on your own within a day. You’ve got to learn some procedures for that and they are listed below:
Follow the step-by-step procedure to launch a WordPress-based website:
- Complete your purchase of a reputable web hosting from high-quality web hosting service, for instance HostGator, as currently they are offering web hosting for as low as 1 Penny.
- Next is to register your domain name with Namecheap.
- Alter your domain setting by inserting your web hosting’s nameservers.
- Select a theme. You can go for free WordPress themes or buy a premium one. No doubt, there are a lot free themes good for the users but if you wish to go for premium that have a higher quality, you need to buy a WordPress themes membership.
- Download the WordPress source available on wordpress.org and install it on your server.
- Open your Cpanel (given by the web hosting company)
- Establish a database from the Cpanel; alongside, create a database user.
- Unzip your WordPress source, rename the wp-config-samplefile to wp-config.
- Feed in the database information into the wp-config file which includes database name, username and password. Save it.
- Next stage involves uploading all those files to the public_html directory.
- Run the installation pack.
- Add the information necessary to complete the installation process.
Here, we come to the end of manual setting up of a website. But if you don’t fancy putting up a website this way, let us guide you to the auto-install feature included in BlueHost web hosting account, but a manual setup is highly recommended. Why? See below.
Why Manual Setup Is Better
- There’s a smooth backup procedure when you do the installation manually.
- A framework-free installation works on your WordPress instead of an embedded framework.
- Moving from one web hosting to another becomes easier.
Display Your Information
Now when you have successfully launched a website, the next task involves filling the website with rich, engaging and high quality content and it should be understandable and readable by both humans and search engine bots. Moreover, having your services and products displayed in your content is a big plus! It’s a way of telling people what you can do for them. But it’s always too important to study and know your business’s target audience.
- Roles Website Components Play In Your Business
Once you have thought about your rich content, there are several parts of a website which you need to know play important roles in the business.
Parts Of A Website You Need To Know
- Homepage: Also considered as a landing page where your visitors first land. Landing pages can be different, but online marketing takes the home page more importantly into account as the landing page. It is a welcoming page and as much engaging and well-explained information there will be, chances are that visitors will come back again to visit the website.
- About us: As the name says, it tells the visitor the history, the working of the company and the goals and missions company has to make money. Popular choices include the vision, mission, vision and growth of the brand. A little history would do good too.
This part of the website displays your products and services. If your company has only a single product, you can create only a page by the name ‘Our Product’ and populate the page with the product information and purchase options.
- Opt-in forms: You can engage the visitors by pop-ups and opt-in forms and enter them in the sales funnel.
- Call-to-Action: Call-to-action buttons are extremely important for customer engagement. It is basically a part of the page that the user needs to click so the appropriate action can be taken by the customer. Examples of CTA buttons are: Book Now, Shop Now, Add To Cart etc.
- Get Social to Promote Your Site :Increasing the social media presence just doesn’t involve creating Facebook Pages, Twitter accounts and LinkedIn profiles and then sit & wait for the magic. There’s a big NO here. Make your visitors search for your brand online and offline both. Tips to increase social media presence can be read in our article: Tips To Increase Social Media Presence.
Create a Communication Funnel
Now when everything is done, you have your plugins, your responsive theme up and running, your rich content, your services displayed perfectly, there is one important thing that might be missing, communication tools! You must have a live chat, customer support, email, contact options on the pages. Search the Internet for a variety of communication tools.
You came here looking for a way to start your business website and we told you how to. But there’s no end to technology and it keeps renewing and innovative things are always rolling in, so put your best efforts and results will be fruitful.